Information for Guests
TrainComing from Schiphol follow the link to the Netherlands trainpage. The journey starts at Amsterdam airport Schiphol, and goes to Nijmegen Heyendaal. The second step shows you the prices and how to obtain an ticket (e-ticket or Chip card). Coming from Weeze you can find information on shuttle busses here .
BusThere is a shuttle Bus from the train station to the Radboud University going every 10 minutes. The destination of the bus is "Heyendaal shuttle" and the bus number is 10. To pay for your transport you can buy a so called "OV-chipcard ". You can purchase one at the station. In the bus you still can buy single tickets as well.
On footOnce you have reached the University campus you are on the Heyendaalseweg or Kapittelweg. See map the location of the CMBI. The numbers of the building are 26-28 (Geert Grooteplein Zuid) and the route is 260.
By bikeIn the Netherlands it is alway a good idea to rent a bike. The flat surface provides a nice ride on the bike. The Dutch word for bike renting is "fietsverhuur". You can rent a bike at Nijmegen Railway station.
Hotels Hotel Rozenhof (near to the University) Nijmeegsebaan 114, 6564 CK Heilig Landstichting, Telephone: +31 24 3230359, E-mail: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hotel Konichiwa (near to the Univsersity) Nijmeegsebaan 53, 6564 CC Heilig LandstichtingTelephone: +31 24 322 77 27, E-mail: mailto:email@example.com
- Apollo Hotel (in the center of Nijmegen) Biss. Hamerstraat 14 Nijmegen; Telephone: +31 24 322 35 94, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Landgoed Holthurnsche Hof Zevenheuvelenweg 48a 6571 CK Berg en Dal; Telephone +31 24 6841744, E-mail: Info@holthurn.nl,
Bed & BreakfastMost of the B&Bs cost about Euro 60,00 per person per night, breakfast included.A selection of Bed & Breakfast, some of them near the city / University: most of the time it is comfortable to rent a bike to travel from your place into town or to the university. You can rent a bike at the Central Station.
- Gastenverblijf Frowijn, Pontanusstraat 49 6524 HC Nijmegen, http://www.gastenverblijffrowijn.nl/ Phone. +31(0)6 16 03 01 83
- Wilhelmina bed and breakfast, Wilhelminasingel 36 6524 AN Nijmegen; http://www.bedandbreakfastnijmegen.com, phone +31 24 3233687
- B&B Bottendaal; Burgh. v.d. Berghtstr. 50, 6512 DN Nijmegen. http://www.pensionbottendaal.nl/
- Bed and Breakfast Burgerlust; Stijn Buysstraat 16, 6512 CK Nijmegen Phone +31 6 12987815 http://www.burgerlustnijmegen.com
- Bed & Breakfast Pollux; Biezenstraat 7-9, 6541 ZN Nijmegen. Phone +31 24 3787426 / +31 6 36165834; http://www.bedandbreakfast-nijmegen.nl
- Bed & Breakfast St. Anna; St. Annastraat 208 6525 GX Nijmegen; phone +31 24 3501808; http://www.sintanna.nl
For more information on hotels please check Hotel Overview Nijmegen
For more information on bed and breakfasts please check http://www.bedandbreakfastnijmegen.nl/
For this and all other information on Accommodation please visit the Tourist Information website at VVVNijmegen, which is also available in english
1 EURO is about US-Dollar 1,06 and 1 USD is about 0,94 EURO (Mar, 2017).
Lunch and Dinner
Lunch is available and in the cafetaria of the science faculty for approximately 5,00 Euro for bread and soup etc.
The Hospital has a nice cantine where they offer lunch and dinner for about 6 Euro for guests .
De Refter is offering a warm meal for 5,25 Euro.
If you have any questions please contact Barbara van Kampen.