Welcome to the Centre for Molecular and Biomolecular Informatics, the CMBI. We do research and education, and provide services in bioinformatics and cheminformatics.
Research. The five groups in the CMBI work on:
- Huynen: Comparative genomics
- Huynen / Notebaart: Systems Biology
- Van Hijum : Bacterial genomics
- Ritschel: Computational Discovery and Design
- Vriend: Protein Structure Bioinformatics
Education: The CMBI is committed to a series of educational projects, ranging from high school to postgraduate courses and from a MSc-programme in Bioinformatics to international workshops.
Services: We maintain computational facilities, databases, and software packages in bioinformatics and cheminformatics. The cheminformatics services are directly available at CMBI, many of the bioinformatics services are offered via the (inter-)national service platforms (NBIC, EBI, etc).